Madonna Inn, Inc. Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 11th 2018
The processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Madonna Inn, Inc. Our privacy statement outlines what this means in practice and explains how Madonna Inn, Inc. stores, manages and protects your data.
- Is provided to us when you stay or travel with us (or make inquiries to stay or travel with us) either by you or by a third party through whom you have made an inquiry or booking
- We collect from you when you visit any of Madonna Inn, Inc.’s websites or which we obtain from any communications with you
The data we hold
If you are a guest, most of the data we hold would have been provided by you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Passport and visa data, payment data, travel history and details of joint travelers
- Dates of your stay or travel with us and associated charges
- Purchase or delivery of products or services
- Reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services
- Information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements
You have provided some of the personal data we hold about you by interactions with our employees or services namely:
- Filling in a form on any of our websites
- Filling in a physical registration card
- Opting in to receive marketing information with us
- Creating an online account with us and managing your preferences
- Contacting us by telephone or in person (e.g. in the context of making a reservation)
- Sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message
- Subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g. a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media)
- Requesting promotional information from us (e.g. information about any of our goods or services including Madonna Inn gift cards)
- Participating in a survey, competition or prize drawing
What we use your information for
Unless you have requested otherwise, the information you provide is used by the business to communicate with you. These may include:
- Providing you with the services and information you have requested
- The promotion of benefits and services available to you
- Distribution of business mailings (e.g. newsletters, promotions)
How long is personal data held?
Personal data is held in line with our Records Management Policy and Schedule, which is available upon request.
If you are a “data subject” under applicable EU data protection law, you will have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
- Right to Access - to request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data
- Right to Rectification - to request that we rectify or update any personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated
- Right to Erasure - to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal data on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent
- Right to Restriction of Processing - to request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted. For example a request that we update your personal data
- Right to Withdraw Consent - where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent
- Right to Data Portability - to request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
To exercise your rights as set out above or to make a written complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
100 Madonna Rd.
San Luis Obispo, CA. 93405
Data analysis and updating your contact details
To ensure that our communications are relevant to you and your interests, we may use tools such as Constant Contact that help us track whether the emails we send are opened and which links are clicked within a message. We may also track website visits and use analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to improve our website.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
"Cookies" are tiny, harmless text files sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
- By continuing to use the website you consent to their use
- You must click a “continue” box in order for cookies to be placed